Angels are the primary inhabitants of the Celestial Realm. According to Diavolo in Lesson 31-16 Hard, angels tend not to divulge anything about either themselves or the Celestial Realm, yet often insert themselves into Devildom business.
Luke explains in Lesson 43-12 that all angels possess powers from the moment they are born, but different angels have different powers. Once an angel determines what they are good at, all angels are assigned a rank based on the level of skill they have over the powers they possess.
It is currently unknown if all angels possess wings or not, but for those that do, keeping one's wings groomed is a known practice. In Lesson 37-12, Asmodeus mentioned having his wings groomed when he was still an angel.
For specific information on unique abilities individual characters possess, please visit their character pages.
Angels have very long lifespans, as the characters have lived for several centuries.
Mental and Magical
Angels also possess an ability known as an "angelic blessing." Angelic blessings supposedly have protective powers. In the chat To Mt. Imminent Death 8, Simeon mentions that Luke's blessings are particularly potent.
Angels with this rank have six wings. This is the highest angel ranking in the Celestial Realm. Asmodeus described the Seraphim as "bossy" in Lesson 44-10, and complained they "never cut us any slack."
- Lucifer was formerly a Seraph, as was Simeon, as mentioned in Lesson 44-10.
- As of Lesson 61, Raphael also holds the rank of Seraph, as mentioned in his character introduction video.
A high-ranking angel that is known as a guardian.
- Beelzebub was formally a Cherub, as seen in Lesson 44-3.
A high-ranking angel. Mammon describes the position as "lame busywork" in Lesson 44-7.
- Mammon was formally a Throne when still an angel. He was recommended the position by Lucifer, as he tells MC in Lesson 44-7, and was also Lucifer's assistant at this time.
According to Luke in Lesson 43-12, angels with this rank serve as warriors.
- As of the beginning of the Main Story, Michael has the rank of Archangel, as Barbatos tells MC in Lesson 23-5.
- Mammon was an Archangel before being promoted to Throne.